Oh, Brothers!


This is a cover sketch for a novel by Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov. This is another sketch that I did a couple of years ago. I guess I was looking at a lot of Saul Bass at the time, and a lot of Hitchcock.

This novel is probably my favorite. It's about three brothers (Demitri, Aloysha and Ivan). Demitri is a tough military man, Aloysha is a humble monk and Ivan is a cynical athiest. There father is wealthy by marriage but basically the town drunk and idiot. Their father turns up dead; Demitri is a suspect, but who did it?

3 comments:

Burt said...

You know it's time to reread a book when you forget how it ends. I remember that I was RIGHT with my prediction, but can't recall what the prediction was! Haha.

seandroog said...

Yeah I remember you predicted the ending, I won't tell you what that ending was though. You must reread it for that!

BLAKe said...

I heard only gay people read this book... so how was it?