Booksmartypants


Hermione Granger, of the Harry Potter book series. By J.K. Rowling

I've found that a lot of people dislike Hermione. I, on the other hand, figured that if I could be equated to one of the HP characters, it'd be Hermione. Probably because she is very studious and loves books. And has wild hair. And used to have bad teeth until they were magically fixed (by orthidontics, in my case).

You have to sympathize with her because she's a "Mudblood," and the bullies always give her crap for it. I mean, shouldn't she get a medal for becoming a wizard with no wizarding blood in her? That's pretty out-there. You'd think everyone would be a fan of Hermione just for that reason. It gives them hope that even they can someday learn magic. Because, as we all know, magic is real. The Force, anyway.

Pictured is Hermione and her moody cat, Crookshanks.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

how can people dislike hermoine? that is just not logical. she is my favorite!! she is the best character!

donny* said...

"it's leviosA, *not* leviosAR!" i love hermoine. she's up there with snape and the weasley clan as favorites. this is a great illustration. makes me think of the time turner.

Book said...

nothing wrong with smarties.

or cranky kitties. i think i'm scouting for a kitty. i want a little lap warmer!

Dear Fireflies said...

Hermione is the coolest character in Harry Potter!! With a brain and magical abilities like hers, I could probably zap my forever mounting work and have them done in no time! (^_^)

illustration poetry said...

thank you for letting me know your another treasure!

ps: a real witch would never curse anyone.

illustration poetry said...

you know Burt, everything here is brilliant...

illustration poetry said...

Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka... my fave one!

donny* said...

say, it's kinda quiet in here? november?